We all love eating with Hemp! It’s highly diverse in use, nutritious, and can be quickly added to any meal! Whether you’re pouring some Hemp Seeds into a smoothie bowl, adding them on top of your dinner, making a Hemp Protein shake, or even baking with Hemp Flour, we've got hemp recipes for you.
The nutritional content of Hemp Seed makes it a superfood in our eyes. It’s loaded with healthy Omega Oils (3, 6, & even 9), magnesium, potassium, iron, fibre, and protein.
In fact, protein makes up about 25-30% of the content of Hemp Seed! This is why it makes such a great protein powder when processed correctly. If you’d like to read more about the nutritional content of Hemp Seed, head over to the blog dedicated to this topic!
We had some of our favourite vegan food personalities try our Hemp food products and make some marvellous creations with them!
...So without further ado, here are 7 tasty, nutritious Hemp food recipes that you can easily try at home.
Heavenly Hemp Burger
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- Veef (By Fenn Foods) classic burger patties, 1 box
- 1 onion
- 1 sweet potato (medium size, cut into chips)
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- 1 prepared beetroot (can use a can of diced beetroot for convenience)
- 1 cup, cherry tomatoes
- Pickles (4-6 spears)
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of lettuce
- Plant based cheese
- Cheese burger sauce (Made With Plants) and hemp seeds (Margaret River Hemp Co) to serve
- Cut sweet potato into chips and cook in the air fryer for 20mins on 200degrees shuffling them halfway through to cook evenly. The oven also works, too!
- Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of your veggies. Dice, slice and/or grate to your liking. All ingredients will be raw except the onions so keep them aside.
- Heat up your fry pan, add a small amount of oil (I used EVOO) and begin cooking Veef burgers as per box instructions. Throw your onions into fry along with the burgers.
- Once your sweet potatoes, burgers and onions are ready.
- Time to assemble your burger
- Start with the lettuce and spinach on the bed of the burger.
- Next, portion quantities of your veg around the bowl. Don’t forget your sweet potato chips!
- Add burger patty to the middle of the bowl along with cheese and onions.
- Top with sauce and hemp seeds. (I went with cheese burger sauce but tomato or barbecue would work nicely too)
Tenders bowl w/ Roasted Veg & Salad
- Roast Veggies of your Choice
- The Meet Co Chicken Tenders
- Salad Mix of your Choice
- Hemp Seed
- Roast your selected veggies in a frying pan
- Mix and dress your salad in the meantime
- Layer the veggies and salad at the bottom of the bowl
- Roast your chicken Tenders nice and crispy!
- Add toppings like Hemp Seed for extra nutrition
Chocolate Hemp Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Cup Hemp Mylk
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 40g Vegan Chocolate Protein (Macro Mike)
- 1 tbsp Mesquite powder (Morlife)
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter (Good Better Bruce)
- 1 Cup Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp SF Maple Syrup (Lakanto Australia)
- Place the hemp seeds and hemp Mylk in a blender, give them a blitz.
- Add all other ingredients into the blender and blitz until smooth and combined.
- Toasted Coconut
- Hemp Seeds
- Cacao Nibs
- Chocolate Biscuit Almond Butter (Macro Mike)
Banana Blueberry Power Bowl
- 2 small frozen bananas
- 3/4 C frozen blueberries
- 1 C frozen cauliflower
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 packet unsweetened açai (Amazonia Co)
- 2 tbsp vanilla cake plant protein (Unicorn Super Foods)
- 200ml vegan milk of choice
- Blend together all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Top with granola, fresh fruit, nuts, hemp seeds and peanut butter!
Green Tofu Ramen
- Chilli Paste
- Sesame Oil
- Cook broccolini, Asparagus, and Edamame
- Add a sachet of Lemongrass and Chilli Paste
- Cook Ramen
- Air Fry Tofu
- Mix the entire meal up with sesame Oil
- Top with Pepitas & Hemp Seeds
Stacked Hemp Seed and Avo Toast
- Feta (My Life Bio)
- Toasted pepitas
- SoyCo Smoked BBQ marinated tofu
- Topped off with some @mrhempco hemp seeds 😋
- Stack the ingredients in your preferred order
- Eat it up!
Pear, Hemp and Caramel Oat Breakfast Bowl
- Mix rolled oats (1/2 cup)
- Heaped tablespoon of caramel protein (It’s Veego)
- Plant mylk (Ulu Hye Nut Milk)
- Sliced Pear
- Coconut pieces
- Mix Oats, Caramel, and Plant Mylk
- Top with Pear and Coconut Pieces