It’s time for our quarterly recipe round-up! It’s incredible to think we’re approaching the last leg of 2021 already. This year, we’ve been fortunate enough to collaborate with some incredible food fanatics who have used Hemp Seed, Flour, Protein, and Oil as inspiration in their dishes. In the last couple of months, you might have seen some very creative adaptations of crowd-favourites remade to incorporate our Hemp food products.
These 10 recipes are simple to follow, easy to make, healthy, and downright delicious. It’s safe to say our friends have set quite the example in terms of how to utilise Hemp Seed in a diverse set of recipes. We couldn’t be more thankful for the opportunity to work with them!
So, without further ado, here are our 10 favourite Hemp Recipes from this quarter.
It’s like Reeces, but it’s one of the best Hemp Recipes around! …And it’s so simple to whip up! Who could look past a delicious Hemp Chocolate and Peanutbutter Slice?
This is how you do it!
1. Creamy peanut butter
2. Coconut oil
4. Pure maple syrup
5. Coconut palm sugar
6. Vanilla extract
1. Melt down the chocolate with a stove or microwave
2. Stir in the salt & vanilla, then measure a layer into a muffin tin
3. Freeze the bottom layer for about 10 minutes while you make the peanut butter mixture
4. Whisk together the coconut oil, palm oil sugar, maple syrup, and salt.
5. Pour the peanut butter evenly into the frozen chocolate cup
6. Distribute the remaining chocolate into the cups and eat or freeze.
These cookies must be one of the best Hemp Recipes around! This recipe includes Hemp flour, a lesser known but equally favourable ingredient made from Hemp Seed.
Here’s how you make them!
2. 1 free-range, organic egg
3. 1/3 cup coconut sugar
4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5. 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
6. 1 teaspoon baking powder
7. 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
8. 1/4 cup shredded coconut
9. 1/2 cup hemp flour
10. 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
11. 100g choc chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl combine coconut oil, egg, coconut sugar, vanilla, and whisk until creamy.
3. Add bicarb, baking powder, cacao powder, coconut, hemp flour, hemp seeds, and choc chips and mix until a cookie dough forms.
4. Scoop 1/2 tablespoon measures, roll into balls place on a tray, and press down lightly.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then cool completely on the tray.
Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
All our favourite flavours of breakfast in one easy bowl! This is one of the top Hemp recipes of the year.
@kindnessthroughfood is the king of bowls, and this is yet another one that we just can’t go past. We’ve been loving all of the incredible breakfast bowls Mick has been creating. We can’t wait to see the next Hemp set of Hemp recipes he comes out with!
2. Coyo Organic yogurt (mix with the protein for creaminess)
3. Caramelised cherries
6. Noya Nutbutter almond butter
7. Pana Organic choc spread
8. Margaret River Hemp Co Hemp Seeds
2. Enjoy a delicious, healthy breakfast bowl!
Everyone loves Pesto! But did you know there’s an easy way to make it even healthier? This is a must-try when it comes to Hemp recipes of 2021.
This plant-based pesto from @thrivebay is nothing less than perfect.
Okay, okay. We’ll cut to the chase.
Here’s how you make it!
2. 3 firmly packed cups curly kale
3. 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds from Margaret River Hemp Co
4. 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
5. 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
6. Salt, to taste
2. Store in an airtight container.
…This is one of the easiest, most delicious Hemp recipes – and perfect for any time of the day. This is specifically a plant-based variation of a classic, but you can do the same with any protein & milk that you prefer.
And way too easy to make.
1. Plant-Based Protein from Botanika Blends
2. Water 2TBS cocoa powder
3. 1TBS caster sugar
4. 1/3 Cup of Ulu Hye Mylk
5. Margaret River Hemp Co Hemp Seeds
Spag-Bol us an incredible meal that nobody could pass up! When it comes to Hemp recipes, this may very well have the best ease-to-health ratio.
And it’s just so easy to whip up!
This is how you do it:
3. Vegie Delights mince.
6. Hemp seeds
1. Roast your carrot and zucchini
2. Fry the plant-based mince on the saucepan
3. Air-fry your broccolini
4. Stir in a big bunch of spinach
5. Mix everything together
6. Top with Hemp Seeds
Do you think you could say no to a plate of these? It’s yet another one of the top 10 Hemp recipes of 2021!
We certainly find it hard to imagine! turning a plate down!
Okay… fine, here’s how you make them 😜
1. 1 cup Margaret River Hemp Co Hemp Seeds
2. 1/3 cup hazelnut butter Noya Nut Butter
3. 1/4 cup hazelnut meal (or sub for almond meal)
4. 2 Tablespoons cocao powder (not cocoa, get cocao)
5. 2 Tablespoons plant mylk
6. 1 scoop (40gms) choc protein powder from It’s Veego
7. 1 Tbsp maple syrup
8. 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
9. Handful hazelnuts (roasted in the oven)
1. Combine ingredients (except whole hazelnuts) in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Roll into balls (now if to add one roasted hazelnut per ball – optional)
3. Refrigerate prior to topping with melted chocolate.
Note #1: I used Noya Nut Butter hazelnut butter to save making my own. It’s like Nutella minus the chocolate and it’s available in supermarkets.
Note #2: If you don’t have protein powder add in an extra tablespoon of cocao AND another half tablespoon of maple syrup. Cocao is a bit more on the bitter side having no sugar or milk products added so you need a bit of extra sweetness to counteract this.
This is one of the Hemp recipes that you could make every day of the week & still not get sick of it!
The best thing is that it’s totally plant-based.
Here’s how you make it!
1. Ceres Organics Jackfruit
2. Old El Paso Mex seasoning and salsa sauce
3. Fresh salsa with cucumber, tomato and spinach
4. Made With Plabnts mozzarella
5. Smashed avo
6. Mission Food Sanz purple corn chips
8. Brown rice
1. Fry your jackfruit in the Old El Paso Mex seasoning and salsa sauce
2. Add all of your base ingredients in your preferred order or layering
3. You can bake this in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 180 degrees or have them unbaked
4. Top with Hemp Seeds and Brown Rice
This sandwich is one of the most nutritious and satisfying feeds we’ve seen.
What more could you want for a mid-day treat?
1. 2 cups roughly torn basil leaves (approx 1 large bunch)
2. 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped or ground
3. Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
4. 1/4 cup Margaret River Hemp Co Hemp Seed Oil
5. 2 tbsp Margaret River Hemp Co Hemp Seeds
6. Pinch salt & pepper to taste
7. Roasted Pumpkin and Onion
8. Semi-dried cherry tomatoes
9. Creamy goats feta
10. Pesto sauce (try hemp pesto if you’re feeling adventurous!)
1. Using a mortar and pestle, bullet blender or food processor, simply combine all ingredients (batch if you need to) and mix well!
2. Spread the ingredients on a sandwich base – you can have this either toasted or untoasted, but we love it toasted!
Note #1: You may choose to add a bit more or less hemp seed oil, depending on what machine you’re using. For reference, we used a mortar and pestle or Vitamix.
Note #2: if not following serving suggestions for this recipe, this would not be considered low fodmap due to increased portions of hazelnuts.
Who wouldn’t love a good burger?! 🍔
Well, this one is plant-based, loaded with nutrition. On top of that, it’s in a bowl.
It doesn’t get much easier than this!
2. 1 onion
3. 1 sweet potato (medium size, cut into chips)
4. 1 avocado
5. 1 carrot
6. 1 prepared beetroot (can use a can of diced beetroot for convenience)
7. 1 cup, cherry tomatoes
8. Pickles (4-6 spears)
9. Handful of spinach
10. Handful of lettuce
11. Plant-based cheese
12. Cheeseburger sauce from Made With Plants
13. Hemp seeds from Margaret River Hemp Co to serve
2. Meanwhile, start preparing the rest of your veggies. Dice, slice and/or grate to your liking. All ingredients will be raw except the onions so keep them aside.
3. Heat up your fry pan, add a small amount of oil (I used EVOO) and begin cooking Veef burgers as per box instructions. Throw your onions in to fry with the burgers.
4. Once your sweet potatoes, burgers and onions are ready. Time to assemble your bowl⤵️
2. Next, portion quantities of your veg around the bowl. Don’t forget your sweet potato chips!
3. Add burger to the middle of the bowl along with cheese and onions.
4. Top with sauce and hemp seeds. (I went with cheeseburger sauce but tomato or barbecue would work nicely too)
You can’t go past this one from @losing_my_vegan_virginity It’s packed with both flavour and highly nutritious ingredients – plus, it’s so easy to make!
Here’s how you do it:
2. 250gms cherry tomatoes
3. 1 cucumber cut into quarters lengthways then sliced
4. 1 red onion finely diced
5. 1 can of chickpeas drained & rinsed
6. 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
7. 1/2 cup black olives sliced
8. 1 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
9. 2 cups fresh rocket
10. 1/3 cup pine nuts
11. 1/4 cup Margaret River Hemp Co Hemp Seeds
1. 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2. 1/4 lemon juice (or sub red/white wine vinegar)
3. 1 tsp maple syrup
4. 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
5. 1 clove minced garlic
6. 1 tsp dried oregano
7. salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta
2. Whilst pasta is cooking mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl
3. In a much larger bowl place salad ingredients. Add pasta once cooled and mix with salad ingredients
4: Add half the dressing onto the pasta salad and saved the other half for a top-up when serving.
Notes: Dressing lasts well in a jar for a few days in the fridge.
So, have you tried any of these recipes? If not, hopefully you’re adding a couple to your meal planning for the week! Whether you’re chasing a sweet sensation or a salivating savory snack, there’s sure to be something here for you.
Adding Hemp Seed to meals is an easy way to give your food an extra nutritional kick. There are so many benefits to Hemp Food products, and if you’re curious as to what they are you can read more about them here!
We’d love to see the photos of the finished product if you try any of these. Be sure to send us an email or tag our social media profiles when you use them!
That just about does it for our quarterly summary for Hemp Recipes. We’re looking forward to bringing you another handful for New Years!
Subscribe for our Weekly HempCo Digest Newsletter & Receive 15% Off Your Next Purchase!
Hemp education, recipes, news, exclusive offers direct to your inbox!